Public invited to the unveiling of Ward Hooper Exergy Tour Commemorative Poster
Boise, Idaho: April 26, 2012
In celebration of the 2012 Exergy Tour and the world’s top women cyclists who will be competing in the race, local artist Ward Hooper has created a stunning poster to commemorate the inaugural event. The public is invited to attend the unveiling of the poster on First Thursday, May 3, from 6 – 8 p.m., at the Ward Hooper Gallery, 745 West Idaho Street, Boise.
Signed posters will be available for purchase at a discount, and 10 percent of the proceeds will benefit the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport (NAGWS), the Official Charitable Partner of the 2012 Exergy Tour. In addition, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Exergy TWENTY12 rider Kristin McGrath will be on hand to autograph posters.
“It was an honor to be asked to design the poster for the 2012 event,” said Hooper. “My intent was to showcase the dynamic power of the women athletes and a snapshot of Idaho scenery together with a bit of international flavor in this year’s poster.”
The Exergy Tour international ladies pro cycling race will take place May 24 – 28 over the Memorial Day weekend in five Idaho cities – Boise, Nampa, Kuna, Garden Valley/Crouch and Idaho City. More than 15 of the top ladies pro cycling teams from around the world are expected to participate in the inaugural race, which was founded by Boise-based Exergy Development Group.
For more information, contact Heather Hill, 208-559-1203 or visit www.exergytour.com
About the Exergy Tour
The Exergy Tour will take place May 24-28, 2012 over the Memorial Day weekend in five Idaho cities – Boise, Nampa, Kuna, Garden Valley/Crouch and Idaho City. Over 15 of the top ladies pro cycling teams from around the world are expected to participate in the inaugural race, which was founded by Boise-based Exergy Development Group. The race will be one of the last races to provide international ranking points crucial to qualifying for the upcoming Olympic Games in London. It is sanctioned by USA Cycling and is the only ladies race in North America in 2012 with a 2.1 designation by the International Cycling Union (UCI). St. Luke’s Sports Medicine is the Official Medical Provider for the 2012 Exergy Tour. The National Association of Girls and Women in Sport is the Official Charitable Partner of the 2012 Exergy Tour.
For more information, contact Heather Hill, 208-559-1203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Ward Hooper
Ward Hooper grew up in the small town of Grangeville, Idaho in north-central Idaho. At an early age, Ward began drawing and painting and entered every art competition available. He spent countless days hiking through the woods and fishing the many streams of this beautiful area of the country. A love of the outdoors and a sense of place have been a theme, which runs through Ward’s artwork.
Ward attended Boise State University on an art scholarship, earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a minor in Design. Once out of college he worked as a Senior Art Director and Creative Director in Boise, Idaho. Among other things, Ward has created public artwork for the Cities of Boise, Eagle, and McCall. Ward received the Mayor’s Excellence in the Arts Award in 2006, and has been voted Boise’s Best Artist by several area newspapers in separate reader’s polls. Ward has spoken about the arts to public schools, community groups, and nonprofit organizations.
In 2008, Ward opened The Art of Ward Hooper Gallery in Eagle, Idaho. In 2010, the gallery moved to its current home in the heart of downtown Boise, Idaho’s capital city.
About Exergy Development Group
Exergy Development Group is one of the major independent renewable energy developers in the USA. Exergy’s focus is on deploying commercially successful, socially beneficial and environmentally responsible renewable energy projects. A vertically integrated company, Exergy moves its projects from conception through construction and commercial operation. Exergy believes that sustainable economic prosperity is inextricably tied to the well-being of our communities and natural environment. In support of that philosophy, Exergy founded the Exergy Tour ladies pro cycling race, designed to showcase the power of women’s professional cycling, engage communities, and provide a vehicle to teach young girls about the benefits gained through sports.
For more information, www.exergydevelopment.com
- RT @amtetrick: Bike racing time @TouroftheGila w @ExergyTWENTY16. One goal. One team. One more race to go! #united http://t.co/Qos4l2Udki
- Tons of great cycling action happening down in New Mexico this weekend. Follow it all @TouroftheGila
- "I think I dropped something on our last ride...:" Some ecards humor on a Saturday morning. http://t.co/cLea1dgxNX
- RT @tourofthegila: Women TT Stage 2 Winner Alison Powers-NOW chats about the win #tourgila http://t.co/iSJYCP9JC9
- Results from today's stage. RT @tourofthegila: W: Janel Holcomb solos to the win. Shelley Olds 2nd and Jade Wilcoxson 3rd #tourgila
- RT @tourofthegila: W: QOM 1-Haeusler-TIB 2-Dvorak-EXG 3-Abbott-EXG 4-Powers-NOW #tourgila
- MT @GiroJenny: #clickthruthurs 4 tweeting #tourofgila teams @DNA_Plan7_K4 @ExergyTWENTY16 @NoOppWasted @OPTUMpbKBS @vanderkitten @teamTIBCO
- RT @girojenny: Stage 1 winner #tourofgila @cosunshinemka isn't an astrophysicist but her Dad is #climbingscience http://t.co/QawoPDJKFY...
- The #TourofGila is upon us. Prepare for tweets aplenty from New Mexico!
- Nice recap of a busy schedule of women's racing from around the globe. Thx to @TtlWomenCycling http://t.co/3iUF4ORq5q
- More results. RT @nicolacranmer: @ExergyTWENTY16 junior @AshlynWoods97 was 5th today in a tough cat 1/2/3 road race! Tour de Moore
- Lot's of racing yesterday. MT @exergytwenty16: 3rd for Cari Higgins at Athens Twilight Criterium - Report to come! http://t.co/lqC9K8jSkc
- Congrats Erica! RT @athenstwilight: Erica Allar is the 2013 Twilight women's champion! #terrapintwilight http://t.co/KWbaxYATQy
- MT @velociosports: The team goes 1,2,3 in ITT at #graciaorlova ! Congrats @ellenvdijk on the TT win, @evelyn_stevens 2nd @TaylerWiles 3rd!
- What's it take to run a successful women's cycling team? Read "Rachel Heal: Team Focused and Risk Taker" http://t.co/JDKZTRNskL
- 41 degrees in #Boise, but forecasted for the 80's by Sat. Yes, we see some long rides in our future. http://t.co/3m5T4TsyNk
- MT @usacycling: It's a tight race in the women's #ProGRT standings. http://t.co/PkAapTiX9E Robyn Embrey is just 8 pts ahead of @jharmony33.
- Happy #EarthDay! Get out on your bike to celebrate. You can also check out these 15 Facts about the Earth: http://t.co/GKbN5o7QhA
- RT @nicolacranmer: Congrats to @jacrowell88 for her very 1st stage race win at #SeaOtterClassic image: @PhotoWil http://t.co/GxWZj6V1Be
- MT @exergytwenty16: Congrats to Ali Tetrick (@AMTetrick) on her win at today's @SeaOtterClassic #TimeTrial. http://t.co/SrbZxsMDou