Exergy Tour Tracker app now available for download for iPhone, iPad, Android and via the Web
Boise, Idaho: May 18, 2012
2012 Exergy Tour brings critical pre-Olympic ladies pro cycling race to worldwide audience
The inaugural Exergy Tour cycling stage race, taking place May 24-28, 2012 throughout Southwestern Idaho, is making history by becoming the first women’s race to provide its fans access to the state-of-the-art racing coverage platform, Tour Tracker®.
On iPhones, iPads, Android devices and via the Web, cycling fans world-wide will be able to watch live as the best women cyclists in the world compete on Idaho’s most scenic and challenging roadways. The Exergy Tour Tracker application is now available for free download from the race website at exergytour.com.
“The unique ability to bring the inaugural Exergy Tour to a world-wide audience through Tour Tracker and its innovative mobile video platform speaks to Exergy’s vision to further engage corporate sponsors, media, spectators, athletes and fans,” said Heather Hill, Marketing, Communications and Events Director for the Exergy Tour. “On site during the event, spectators will also be able to watch the live Tour Tracker video simulcast on big screens – allowing fans to watch start-to-finish coverage every day of the Tour whether they are at work, out and about, on the course or at the finish line.”
Exergy Tour fans will enjoy coverage previously reserved for only the largest and most prestigious international races such as the Tour de France, Tour of California and others. The live-action will feature exclusive video coverage, racer tracking along the route, professional commentary, photography and daily race standings. Fans will be able to share their experience via social media integration on Twitter and Facebook.
Tour Tracker founder and CEO, Allan Padgett is excited by the impact Exergy’s decision will have on the future of women’s cycling, ”We are thrilled to work with Exergy to balance the coverage between men’s and women’s cycling. Exposing women and girls round the globe to the best racing action is good for the sport, and we’re glad to be a part of the team making Exergy’s vision a reality. The racing will be world class and so will the coverage.”
The FREE Exergy Tour Tracker app can be downloaded from the Exergy Tour website. Share the app with your friends, sit back and enjoy the racing action!
Medalist Sports is overseeing the competition and technical production of the Exergy Tour. Medalist is also the event management arm for the Amgen Tour of California, USA Pro Cycling Challenge in Colorado and the Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah.
For more information, or to register to volunteer, please visit www.ExergyTour.com.
About the Exergy Tour
The Exergy Tour will take place over the Memorial Day weekend in five Idaho cities – Boise, Nampa, Kuna, Garden Valley/Crouch and Idaho City. Over 15 of the top ladies pro cycling teams from around the world are expected to participate in the inaugural race, which was founded by Boise-based Exergy Development Group. The race will be one of the last races to provide international ranking points crucial to qualifying for the upcoming Olympic Games in London. It is sanctioned by USA Cycling and is the only ladies race in North America in 2012 with a 2.1 designation by the International Cycling Union (UCI). St. Luke’s Sports Medicine is the Official Medical Provider for the 2012 Exergy Tour. The National Association of Girls and Women in Sport is the Official Charitable Partner of the 2012 Exergy Tour.
For more information, contact Heather Hill, 208-559-1203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Tour Tracker
Tour Tracker® is the world’s premier mobile and online race viewing platform and offers an unmatched combination of features, flexibility and proven reliability. Tour Tracker provides race organizers and sponsors a customized platform for their event and their messaging. With award-winning applications for iPhone, iPad, Android and the Web, Tour Tracker reaches local, national and worldwide audiences. Combining live video, commentary, GPS tracking, rider biometrics, standings, photography and more, Tour Tracker has delivered cycling’s most prestigious events to well over 1.5 million engaged fans.
For more information, visit http://thetourtracker.com.
About Exergy Development Group
Exergy Development Group is one of the major independent renewable energy developers in the USA. Exergy’s focus is on deploying commercially successful, socially beneficial and environmentally responsible renewable energy projects. A vertically integrated company, Exergy moves its projects from conception through construction and commercial operation. Exergy believes that sustainable economic prosperity is inextricably tied to the well-being of our communities and natural environment. In support of that philosophy, Exergy founded the Exergy Tour ladies pro cycling race, designed to showcase the power of women’s professional cycling, engage communities, and provide a vehicle to teach young girls about the benefits gained through sports.
For more information, www.exergydevelopment.com
- RT @amtetrick: Bike racing time @TouroftheGila w @ExergyTWENTY16. One goal. One team. One more race to go! #united http://t.co/Qos4l2Udki
- Tons of great cycling action happening down in New Mexico this weekend. Follow it all @TouroftheGila
- "I think I dropped something on our last ride...:" Some ecards humor on a Saturday morning. http://t.co/cLea1dgxNX
- RT @tourofthegila: Women TT Stage 2 Winner Alison Powers-NOW chats about the win #tourgila http://t.co/iSJYCP9JC9
- Results from today's stage. RT @tourofthegila: W: Janel Holcomb solos to the win. Shelley Olds 2nd and Jade Wilcoxson 3rd #tourgila
- RT @tourofthegila: W: QOM 1-Haeusler-TIB 2-Dvorak-EXG 3-Abbott-EXG 4-Powers-NOW #tourgila
- MT @GiroJenny: #clickthruthurs 4 tweeting #tourofgila teams @DNA_Plan7_K4 @ExergyTWENTY16 @NoOppWasted @OPTUMpbKBS @vanderkitten @teamTIBCO
- RT @girojenny: Stage 1 winner #tourofgila @cosunshinemka isn't an astrophysicist but her Dad is #climbingscience http://t.co/QawoPDJKFY...
- The #TourofGila is upon us. Prepare for tweets aplenty from New Mexico!
- Nice recap of a busy schedule of women's racing from around the globe. Thx to @TtlWomenCycling http://t.co/3iUF4ORq5q
- More results. RT @nicolacranmer: @ExergyTWENTY16 junior @AshlynWoods97 was 5th today in a tough cat 1/2/3 road race! Tour de Moore
- Lot's of racing yesterday. MT @exergytwenty16: 3rd for Cari Higgins at Athens Twilight Criterium - Report to come! http://t.co/lqC9K8jSkc
- Congrats Erica! RT @athenstwilight: Erica Allar is the 2013 Twilight women's champion! #terrapintwilight http://t.co/KWbaxYATQy
- MT @velociosports: The team goes 1,2,3 in ITT at #graciaorlova ! Congrats @ellenvdijk on the TT win, @evelyn_stevens 2nd @TaylerWiles 3rd!
- What's it take to run a successful women's cycling team? Read "Rachel Heal: Team Focused and Risk Taker" http://t.co/JDKZTRNskL
- 41 degrees in #Boise, but forecasted for the 80's by Sat. Yes, we see some long rides in our future. http://t.co/3m5T4TsyNk
- MT @usacycling: It's a tight race in the women's #ProGRT standings. http://t.co/PkAapTiX9E Robyn Embrey is just 8 pts ahead of @jharmony33.
- Happy #EarthDay! Get out on your bike to celebrate. You can also check out these 15 Facts about the Earth: http://t.co/GKbN5o7QhA
- RT @nicolacranmer: Congrats to @jacrowell88 for her very 1st stage race win at #SeaOtterClassic image: @PhotoWil http://t.co/GxWZj6V1Be
- MT @exergytwenty16: Congrats to Ali Tetrick (@AMTetrick) on her win at today's @SeaOtterClassic #TimeTrial. http://t.co/SrbZxsMDou