The Exergy Tour will take place May 24-28, 2012 over the Memorial Day weekend in five Idaho cities. 16 of the top ladies pro cycling teams from 7 countries around the world will compete in the inaugural race, which was founded by Boise-based Exergy Development Group. It is one of the last races to provide international ranking points crucial to qualifying for the upcoming Olympic Games in London. The Exergy Tour is sanctioned by USA Cycling and is the only ladies race in North America in 2012 with a 2.1 designation by the International Cycling Union (UCI).
The National Association of Girls and Women in Sport is the Official Charitable Partner of the 2012 Exergy Tour.
Thursday, May 24 – Monday, May 28, 2012
The five-day stage race starts in Boise with an evening Prologue and travels around Southwestern Idaho finishing back in Boise for the final day of racing. The race travels to Nampa, Kuna, Crouch/Garden Valley and Idaho City.
“The Exergy Tour shall showcase the power and excitement of women’s professional cycling and its growing influence globally, while working at all levels to engage our communities in teaching young girls the benefits that individual and team sports competition can bring throughout their lives. Our vision with the Exergy Tour is to communicate this global message and align with relevant organizations dedicated to advancing self confidence, self-esteem and overall well-being of girls and women through physical activity.”
- James Carkulis, CEO, Exergy Development Group.
- 16 teams / 117 riders representing 7 countries will compete for a $100,000 prize purse. These professional teams are registered with the Union Cycliste International (UCI) and/or USA Cycling.
- Over 10,300 feet / 3,150 meters of climbing over five days
- 6 Queen of the Mountains (QOM) competitions
- 3 Sprint Lines
Five Jersey Competitions
- Exergy Overall Leader
- St. Luke’s Sports Medicine Best Young Rider
- Colavita Queen of the Mountains
- PowerBar Sprint Leader
- Exergy Most Aggressive Rider
Prologue: Thursday, May 24 at 6:30 p.m. – Julia Davis Park – Boise – 2.0 miles / 3.2 km – Time Trial
Stage 1: Friday, May 25 at 11 a.m. – Nampa Rec Center – Nampa – 76.7 miles / 123.5 km – Road Race
Stage 2: Saturday, May 26 at 11 a.m. – Downtown Kuna – 10.4 miles / 16.7 km – Individual Time Trial
Stage 3: Sunday, May 27 at 12 p.m. – Crouch/Garden Valley to Idaho City – 59.7 miles / 96.0 km – Road Race
Stage 4: Monday, May 28 at 11 a.m. – Hyde Park – Boise – 46.7 miles / 75.1 km – Road Race
Additional stage information, including maps, are available online at exergytour.com
- RT @amtetrick: Bike racing time @TouroftheGila w @ExergyTWENTY16. One goal. One team. One more race to go! #united http://t.co/Qos4l2Udki
- Tons of great cycling action happening down in New Mexico this weekend. Follow it all @TouroftheGila
- "I think I dropped something on our last ride...:" Some ecards humor on a Saturday morning. http://t.co/cLea1dgxNX
- RT @tourofthegila: Women TT Stage 2 Winner Alison Powers-NOW chats about the win #tourgila http://t.co/iSJYCP9JC9
- Results from today's stage. RT @tourofthegila: W: Janel Holcomb solos to the win. Shelley Olds 2nd and Jade Wilcoxson 3rd #tourgila
- RT @tourofthegila: W: QOM 1-Haeusler-TIB 2-Dvorak-EXG 3-Abbott-EXG 4-Powers-NOW #tourgila
- MT @GiroJenny: #clickthruthurs 4 tweeting #tourofgila teams @DNA_Plan7_K4 @ExergyTWENTY16 @NoOppWasted @OPTUMpbKBS @vanderkitten @teamTIBCO
- RT @girojenny: Stage 1 winner #tourofgila @cosunshinemka isn't an astrophysicist but her Dad is #climbingscience http://t.co/QawoPDJKFY...
- The #TourofGila is upon us. Prepare for tweets aplenty from New Mexico!
- Nice recap of a busy schedule of women's racing from around the globe. Thx to @TtlWomenCycling http://t.co/3iUF4ORq5q
- More results. RT @nicolacranmer: @ExergyTWENTY16 junior @AshlynWoods97 was 5th today in a tough cat 1/2/3 road race! Tour de Moore
- Lot's of racing yesterday. MT @exergytwenty16: 3rd for Cari Higgins at Athens Twilight Criterium - Report to come! http://t.co/lqC9K8jSkc
- Congrats Erica! RT @athenstwilight: Erica Allar is the 2013 Twilight women's champion! #terrapintwilight http://t.co/KWbaxYATQy
- MT @velociosports: The team goes 1,2,3 in ITT at #graciaorlova ! Congrats @ellenvdijk on the TT win, @evelyn_stevens 2nd @TaylerWiles 3rd!
- What's it take to run a successful women's cycling team? Read "Rachel Heal: Team Focused and Risk Taker" http://t.co/JDKZTRNskL
- 41 degrees in #Boise, but forecasted for the 80's by Sat. Yes, we see some long rides in our future. http://t.co/3m5T4TsyNk
- MT @usacycling: It's a tight race in the women's #ProGRT standings. http://t.co/PkAapTiX9E Robyn Embrey is just 8 pts ahead of @jharmony33.
- Happy #EarthDay! Get out on your bike to celebrate. You can also check out these 15 Facts about the Earth: http://t.co/GKbN5o7QhA
- RT @nicolacranmer: Congrats to @jacrowell88 for her very 1st stage race win at #SeaOtterClassic image: @PhotoWil http://t.co/GxWZj6V1Be
- MT @exergytwenty16: Congrats to Ali Tetrick (@AMTetrick) on her win at today's @SeaOtterClassic #TimeTrial. http://t.co/SrbZxsMDou